VLC media player is a free and open source multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of the VLC media player for the Android β’ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares, drives and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
And VLC for Android is a complete audio player, with a complete database, equalizer, filters, and playback of all strange audio formats.
VLC is for everyone, it is completely free, contains no ads, no in-app purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All source code is freely available.
VLC for Android β’ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also supports disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv, and AAC. All codecs are included without separate downloads. It supports subtitles, teletext, and closed captions.
VLC for Android contains a media library for audio and video files, and allows direct browsing of folders.
VLC supports multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports automatic rotation, aspect ratio adjustments, and gestures to control volume, brightness and search.
It also includes an audio control widget, supports headphone control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to these categories:
– βPhotos / Media / Filesβ to read all media files π
– βStorageβ to read all media files on SD cards π
– “Other” To check network connections, change volume, set ringtone, playback on Android TV and display popup, see below for details.
– It needs “Read the contents of your USB storage” to read the media files on it.
-AndΒ It needs to “modify or delete the contents of the USB storage”, to allow deletion of files and storage of subtitles.
It needs “full network access” to open network and Internet flows.
– It needs to “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent … your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
-AndΒ It needs “Change sound settings” to change the volume.
– And It needs to “Modify System Settings”, to allow you to change the audio ringtone.
It needs “view network connections” to monitor whether the device is connected or not.
– Needs to “Draw over other applications” to start a custom PIP widget.
– Needs a “control vibration” to give feedback on controls.
– “Run at startup” is required to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
– Requires a “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, and is required only on Android TV devices.
β β β β β β
I invite you to join our official channel on Telegram to get the best exclusive free and paid apps
Telegram channel link: