Understand the world through award-winning independent journalism, expert reporting and multimedia storytelling with the NYTimes app.
• A redesigned Top Stories provides a more consistent experience across all our apps and website. Our new home page groups similar stories together so you can easily return to sections that interest you.
• Breaking News alerts that link directly to developing stories.
• Save articles for offline reading on any device.
• Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography.
• Experience NYT stories through innovative formats, like augmented reality and 360º video.
• International coverage of current events and cultural stories from our 50 bureaus around the globe.
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including “The Daily” and “Modern Love.”
• The Mini Crossword: Enjoy wordplay every day with the daily mini puzzle.
• Read our Spanish-language coverage with NYT en Español.
• Reading at night? Turn on our experimental Night Mode for a dark-friendly app theme.
The NYTimes app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4″ phones to 12″+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (5.0+).
The New York Times offers the following subscription options:
• Basic Digital Access, which includes unlimited article access. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access: Basic + access to The New York Times Crossword and NYT Cooking. You also receive one bonus subscription to give to anyone you’d like. Cancel anytime.
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Here’s a little bit about what each one does:
• In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
• Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
• Wi-Fi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available Wi-Fi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted Wi-Fi networks or if Wi-Fi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
California Notices: http://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at [email protected] We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us
Home Page: from Google Play