ARuler – the first and best free augmented reality measurement app for Android!
AR Ruler app uses augmented reality (eng. Augmented Reality – AR) to measure different things in the real world with your smartphone camera. Just aim on the detected horizontal plane and start measuring!
iPhone & iPad version:
Just a few of the many amazing features:
1) AR Ruler – measure linear sizes in cm, m, mm or inches
2) Distance meter – measure the distance between the device’s camera and a fixed point on the detected 3D plane
3) Angle – measure angles on 3D planes
4) Area and Perimeter – Want to measure the area of your room? Then choose Area -> N-angle and set the nodes alternately, so that they coincide with the corners of the room. AR Ruler will automatically calculate the area and perimeter. When you pause the drawing before closing the outline, you see the AR polyline with its length. Also, we have made several primitives like Circle, Rectangle and N-gon with automatic nodes for complex shaped objects to simplify the measurement process.
5) Volume – allows you to measure the size of 3D objects. Draw the perimeter of the measured object and adjust the position of the upper plane by moving up or down.
6) Way – calculate the length of the path. A handy tool for measuring distances “on the ground” – hold the phone in your hands and move on the planned route – AR Ruler measures the distance traveled and, in addition, shows the trajectory of your movement in space three-dimensional using AR technology
7) Height – to measure the height from the recognized surface. Do you need to measure the height of the door, windows, furniture, height of a person? target the base point (bottom) and start measuring by rotating the smartphone upwards – you will see the AR arrow in 3D with the appropriate measurement directly in front of you!
8) Screen ruler – precise measurements for small objects directly on the smartphone screen
Please note that AR Rule requires an ARCore library produced by Google. Currently, ARCore is constantly improving, which has a positive impact on the quality of AR Règle’s work. We are trying our best to make the process of using AR technology for measurements more useful and enjoyable
Measurements obtained with AR Ruler are approximate, but fairly accurate in most everyday situations. We draw your attention to the fact that the accuracy of AR measurements is determined by ARCore, in whose development and improvement we believe. To increase accuracy, you can take 3 or more measurements in a row, then using the average value.