This application contains the following tools:
• Information tool, where you can see the network connection status, the IP address of the Wi-Fi router, the external IP address, information about your ISP and more. In addition, the Info screen displays some useful graphics on Wi-Fi connection and network usage.
• Watcher – checks network resources on time. Watcher show notifies if the state of the resource has changed, this will allow you to always be aware of any problem with the network.
• Local network – searches for other network devices. You will always know who is connected to your network, as well as the manufacturer of the hardware and the services running on those devices.
• Ping – a tool does not need a description. You can use a standard set of parameters, as well as additional features such as TCP and HTTP \ HTTPS ping. Background work and sound notifications will allow you to monitor the status of the remote host without being distracted.
• GeoPing – check the availability of the resource worldwide. With just one click you can find out if your site is accessible eg in Singapore.
• Traceroute – an indispensable tool for system administrators. Displays the route the packets are on from your device to the target host. The Visual Traceroute uses the map to show you how data packets circle the earth to reach a specified destination.
• iPerf – Utility to analyze network bandwidth. It is based on iperf3 and supports both server and client modes.
• Port Scanner – a powerful multi-threaded TCP port scanner. With this tool, you can get a list of open ports on a remote device. Most ports are displayed with a description, so you will know which app is using it.
• Whois – a utility that displays information about the domain or IP address. With the help of Whois, you can know the domain registration date, organization information, contact information, etc.
• UPnP Scanner – displays UPnP devices on your local network. With the UPnP scanner, you can find the IP address of your router, game console like Xbox or PlayStation, media servers and other devices. DLNA compatible TVs and media boxes (Samsung AllShare, LG SmartShare) are also supported.
• Bonjour Browser – is a network utility for exploring Bonjour services (ZeroConf, Avahi) on the network. Bonjour is built into Apple’s operating systems, so you can use this utility to find the network address of an iPhone \ iPod, etc.
• Wi-Fi scanner – list of access points around you. In addition, you can find the manufacturer of the AP, the signal level and a lot of other information. You can use the graph to appreciate it all visually. Support 2.4GHz and 5GHz devices.
• Subnet Scanner – this tool can scan your Wi-Fi subnet to find other hosts around. The scanner can verify the host through Ping or verify multiple TCP ports. So, you can just find services in your subnet (for example, scan port 22 to find where SSH is running). You can also configure the range of IP addresses for custom analysis.
• DNS Lookup – tool for querying Domain Name System (DNS) name servers. Useful for network troubleshooting or just finding the domain IP address, mail server and more. Reverse DNS is also supported.
• Wake on LAN – is a tool that allows you to turn on a computer on the remote network by sending a special data packet (called a Magic Packet). WoL is simply irreplaceable in cases where you do not have physical access to the computer, which suddenly turns off.
• IP Calculator – this utility is useful when setting up network equipment. IP Calculator will help you calculate network parameters, determine IP address range, subnet mask.
PingTools Pro received the “App of the day” by MyAppFree (https://app.myappfree.com/)