The New York Times app for Android delivers breaking news and our award-winning journalism wherever you are. Read the latest headlines from todayβs news and original content in our FREE news app for phone and tablet
* New Interactive Comments, now you can write and recommend comments
* Explore our best sellers lists now located at the top of the Books section
*A new top navigation for swiping quickly across popular sections
* Customize which sections will be in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance including speed and stability
*Redesigned daily notification featuring the Morning Briefing
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
*Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking News Alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Collapsible top navigation: see more of your screen as you scroll through the sections
*Save NYT articles across platforms to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
* Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
The New York Times app also includes our International edition, The International New York Times, with breaking news, world news, current events and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the globe.
The NYTimes app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4β phones to 12β+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (4.4+).
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Hereβs a little bit about what each one does:
* In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
*Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
* WiFi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available WiFi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted WiFi networks or if WiFi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
* Device ID & call information: These settings turn phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at [email protected] Weβll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include access to the print newspaper. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and local pricing is available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.