The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Search, find, save and get home with Handy GPS.
This app is a powerful navigation tool designed for outdoor sports like hiking, bush walking, tramping, mountain biking, kayaking, boating, horse riding, geocaching. It is also useful for surveying, mining, archeology and forestry applications. It’s simple to use and works even in the most remote backcountry because it doesn’t require network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat / lon coordinates so that you can even use it with your paper maps.
– Displays your current coordinates, altitude, speed, direction of travel and distance traveled in Metric, Imperial / US or Nautical units.
– Can store your current location as a waypoint and save a track log to show where you have been on a map.
– Data can be imported and exported to KML and GPX files.
– Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM, MGRS and lat / lon coordinates.
– Can guide you to a waypoint using the “Goto” screen, and possibly trigger an alert when you approach it.
– Has a compass page that works on devices with magnetic field sensors.
– Automatically calculates local geoid offset to improve elevation accuracy
– Supports WGS84 world datum as well as popular Australian datums and map grids (AGD66, AGD84, AMG, GDA94 and MGA). You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 charts in the United States.
– Displays GPS satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
– Can display simple grid references or MGRS.
– Can calculate distance and direction from waypoint to waypoint.
– Includes an optional timer line to record the duration of the walk and calculate your average speed.
– Completely tested by the developer on many off piste rides
ADDITIONAL FEATURES IN THIS VERSION:
– No ads
– Unlimited number of waypoints and track log points.
– Email or SMS your location to a friend as a clickable map link.
– Email your waypoints and route logs as a KML or GPX file.
– Supports common SKUs such as NAD83 (US), OSGB36 (UK), NZTM2000 (NZ), SAD69 (South America) and ED50 (Europe), and you can configure your own custom SKUs including local grid.
– UK grid references with two letter prefixes can be displayed if OSGB reference is selected.
– Elevation profile.
– GPS averaging mode.
– Take photos and record voice memos, geotagged with KML files for easy viewing on PC.
– Geotag the photos and / or have the coordinates and bearing “engraved” in the image.
– Sunrise and sunset times.
– Export the data to a CSV file.
– Create a waypoint by triangulating or projecting using an entered distance and bearing.
– Calculate length, area and elevation change for the track log.
– Offline map support by downloading tiles from map tile servers or using own map images.
– Calculate calories.
– Optional background image.
– Optional location sharing on the web.
– Spoken distance and direction guidance on goto page.
(1) GPS, to view your position, (2) Network access, to load maps, (3) SD card access, to load and store waypoints, (4) Camera access, to take photos, (5) prevent phone from sleeping, so proximity alarm works, (6) control flashlight, to enable flashlight use, (7) audio recording for voice memos .
You use this application at your own risk. The developer does not accept any responsibility if you get lost or injured as a result of using this app. The batteries of mobile devices can be discharged. An alternate power source is recommended for extended hikes.
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠
I invite you to join our official channel on Telegram to get the best exclusive free and paid apps
Telegram channel link: