Gizmodo Review: http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-save-a-ton-of-time-with-custom-searches-on-andro-1788952238
“It’s one of the best options we’ve seen for bringing alternative searches to the Android home screen.”
Next web review: https://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/10/14/this-swiss-knife-of-search-widgets-is-a-must-have-for-android-users/
“This Swiss Army Knife of Search Widgets is a Must for Android Users”
NOTE: This app will change the look and feel of the ‘CSBW’ search bar widget; NOT the look and feel of your action launcher’s search bar. Add the CSBW widget to your home screen to apply changes.
GUIDE HERE: http://natewren.com/csbw-getting-started/
The Custom Search Bar Widget (CSBW) is a fully editable search bar widget with a drawer of custom icons. The widget can be changed in various ways to match the current theme of your device. The drawer includes editable icons that can switch search engines, provide quick links to applications, or apply functions such as copy and paste.
• Fully customize all aspects of the search bar widget and icon drawer.
• Save search bar themes and load later.
• Keyword search suggestions.
• Configure search for installed applications instead of Google.
• Switch between search engines or applications like Play Music, Spotify, Wikipedia, Amazon, etc.
• Add new search engines or add new apps to search the included icon drawer.
• Pre-made themes included to quickly apply the theme to the search bar.
• Customizable pixel launcher search bar.
• Date option for pixel search bar.
• More customization options.
• Option to add icon drawer to home screen widget.
Note: If you see a space on the side of the pixel widget, press and hold the widget and select “Remove padding” (some launchers do not have this option. Nova Launcher is recommended).
GOOGLE NOW vs GOOGLE WEB SEARCH
– Default text searches to Google web search
– Microphone searches are default in Google Now (Android 4.1+)
– These settings can be changed in Appearance> Edit widget
CUSTOM SEARCH ITEMS
You can add custom website search by copying and pasting results page url in custom field in CSBW.
In Add> Search Item> Custom:
1. Copy the URL of the search results page of the site you want to add.
For example: http://www.imdb.com/find?q=cassablanca
2. Replace “cassablanca” with “% s” in the input field. “% S” is a placeholder for the text that you will enter in the CSBW search bar.
3. The URL to add to the CSBW custom search item: http://www.imdb.com/find?q=%s