A free and open source Jabber / XMPP client for Android. Easy to use, reliable, battery compatible. With built-in support for pictures, group chats and e2e encryption.
✔�� Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy
🐱👤 Build on existing and well-established protocols
🎈 Does not require a Google account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
🌹 Require as few authorizations as possible
– End-to-end encryption with OMEMO or OpenPGP
– Encrypted audio and video calls (DLTS-SRTP)
– Sending and receiving images
– Intuitive user interface that follows Android design guidelines
– Images / Avatars for your contacts
– Synchronizes with the desktop client
– Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
– Integration of the address book
– Multiple accounts / unified inbox
– Very low impact on battery life
Conversations makes it easy to create an account on the conversations.im server. The use of this server incurs an annual fee of 8 euros after a trial period of 6 months. However, conversations will also work with any other XMPP server. Many XMPP servers are run by volunteers and are free.
Conversations work with all XMPP servers. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are also standardized in what is called XEP. Conversations supports a few to improve the overall user experience. Your current XMPP server may not support these extensions. Therefore, to get the most out of conversations, you should consider switching to a
XMPP server that runs or – better yet – manages your own XMPP server for you and your friends.
These XEPs are – from now on:
– XEP-0065: Bytestreams SOCKS5 (or mod_proxy65). Will be used to transfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
– XEP-0163: personal event protocol for avatars
– XEP-0191: The block command allows you to blacklist spammers or block contacts without removing them from your list.
– XEP-0198: Flow management allows XMPP to survive small network outages and changes to the underlying TCP connection.
-XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically synchronizes the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to easily switch from your mobile client to your desktop client and vice versa within a conversation.
-XEP-0237: version of the list mainly to save bandwidth on bad mobile connections
– XEP-0313: Message Archive Management synchronizes message history with the server. Catch up on messages that were sent while Conversations was offline.
– XEP-0352: Client status indication lets the server know whether the conversations are in the background or not. Allows the server to save bandwidth by rejecting unimportant packages.
– XEP-0363: HTTP file upload allows you to share files in conferences and with offline contacts. Requires an additional component on your server.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
File Upload Center
It provides many features that enable you to upload your files in a simple and organized way. Register now on the site and upload and share your files for free now !